"This is bar none the best program I've been part of in a long time. With 25 years experience and a masters degree plus 80 extra credits, that speaks volumes, I believe." BrainU participant
BrainU 2017: STEM, The Brain & Learning will meet for 9 days - July 10-20, 2017 - on the Minneapolis campus of the University of Minnesota.
More about BrainU 2017 from Dr. Dubinsky on our YouTube playlist
BrainU is a summer professional development workshop for teachers in all grades and all subject matter expertise.
As part of this workshop you will learn to:
- Implement STEM student-centered pedagogies.
- Provide a more authentic, deeper learning environment for students.
- Increase student support, social emotional support, and classroom equity.
- Think critically about pedagogy and implement change.
- Translate neuroscience knowledge into effective teaching and learning strategies.
When: July 10-20, 2017 Mon-Fri 8:00am-4:00pm
Where: Appleby Hall Room 223, University of Minnesota, 128 Pleasant St SE, Minneapolis, MN 55455
Please join us! The course is offered both for-credit (3 graduate credits) and non-credit. Go to the registration options page and choose the option that's best for you. Registration closes on June 5, 2017 at 5pm.
Questions? Please explore this website for more information about our program and free teaching resources. Other questions? Email us - include your name and the best way to contact you.